VOLUNTEER WITH MAMGA
If you are a Master Gardener who is looking for volunteer hours that take place indoors, usually at a computer, consider helping with the tasks needed to run our organization! Below are a few ways you can volunteer for MAMGA:
- As an elected member of our Board of Directors
- Volunteer to help with the annual membership meeting March 12, 2016
- Participate as a committee member for our communications, fundraising, or community grants committees
- Help us maintain our website
- Respond to emails sent to MAMGA
- Write, take photos, or provide editing expertise for our newsletter (knowledge of/willingness to learn MailChimp is key!)
Time spent volunteering with MAMGA counts toward the 24 hours required each year to maintain certification. Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering for MAMGA, or fill out our quick Volunteer Interest form by choosing an option below.
Master Gardener Volunteer Requirements
Each year, Master gardener volunteers must perform 24 hours of volunteer service and 10 hours of continuing education. Volunteer hours for MGV certification are due to the Dane County Extension office by October 1*
BEGINNING ON OCTOBER 1, START RECORDING ELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES TO BE REPORTED NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 1 OF THE FOLLOWING YEAR TO MAINTAIN CERTIFICATION AS A MASTER GARDENER VOLUNTEER.
Use this form to record your hours. Once you have filled in a page, send it in to:
Dane Co/UW Extension Office
Attn: MGV Program
5401 Fen Oak Ct
Madison WI 53719
OR email your form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Remember: After submitting volunteer hours, renew your MAMGA membership during October and November!
There are many ways to volunteer as an MGV.
UW Extension has provided a list of organizations that qualify for MGV volunteer hours.
- Volunteer for core projects including:
- Additional volunteer hours can be completed programs such as Farm Technology Days, Garden Expo, UW Arboretum, Dane County UW-Extension, Olbrich Gardens, or other Volunteer Opportunities. Please make connections and seek out community organizations to support through volunteering!
If you have questions about the eligibility of a volunteer opportunity, email Lisa Johnson at email@example.com